Thursday, March 24, 2011

Friends

I have been contemplating the blessing of having friends in my life.  I was thinking over the years and remembering all the many people who have stepped into my life and made me smile.

As a child, there was Paula Ellison, Brenda Bronson, Karla Solvesky, Linda Adams. I wish I had pictures of all of them, to remind me how lucky I was/am, but here are a few that I found in my files.
Brenda, or Bea, as I called her. We were literally inseperable as children in Grace, Idaho. What a beautiful person she is, inside and out. I will always love her.



Linda Adams--We were little girls together in Grace, Idaho.
I saw her in Salt Lake City last year for a happy reunion.

In high school there was Michele Alcorn, Dawnie Mendenhall, Carla Stalker and all the Grace gang.

Michele married my brother, Clynn
Dawn Mendenhall Baxter
In college there was Vickie Kunst and Judy Humes and many others. And of course, Carla. (Why do I NOT have any pictures of my Carla???)

Dan and Vickie Kunst--she was my first BYU roommate. She put up with a LOT!

Judy Humes--BYU together

As a young mother, there was Sylvia Harris and Lynette Webb.  I got to spend some time with Lynette in Salt Lake City last month.

Lynette Webb
Lynette with crazy Allen

In Arizona, raising my children, there were so many influential women that I can't begin to name them.  We lived in the best ward in the Church...So many great ladies...Jeannine, Judy, Alonna, Shanie, Linda, Jill, Sherry, Lorraine, Wanda, Carol, Cathryne, Julie, and on and on and on...I love these ladies.



Shalimar Ward Lunch
Lorraine
Judy and me in New Zealand


At that time, I was called to work in the Tempe Stake Young Women Program. For 9 years, I was privleged to rub shoulders with some of the most amazing women on the planet. This week, we had lunch together and spent some time reminiscing and catching up on each others' lives.



Patty Larson, Marie Despain, Bev Taysom--my sweet sister

Patty and Marie
Marie

The whole gang: Bev, Patty, Marie, Carolyn Butler and me.
The last 20 years of my life have added new and wonderful friends---some from Southwest, some from the neighborhood...Cinda, Michael, Victoria, Erica, and so many more, including my amazing piano teacher, Stella.

Cinda with her Mom Barb and grandson

My Cinda

Michaels x 2

Victoria and Ron


Precious Neighbors
Stella


I am so grateful that I have been blessed to have great friends in my life to learn from and to love. Each one has taught me lessons I have needed to learn and enriched my life in countless ways. Each one is a precious gift from my Heavenly Father to help me along my journey here on earth....I am so grateful---and lucky....

8 comments:

emily said...

I think Allen Webb has been making that same face since I was four years old. That's a long time.

LBJ said...

How wonderful it is to be counted among your friends. We are so blessed to have good friends in our lives, aren't we!

mama bird said...

So sweet, dear Lori. Friendship is a gift indeed! Thank you for the gift of your sweet friendship. :)

gramyflys said...

Happily, some things never change, Emily.

Allison said...

Totally awesome post, Mom! And because they were in your life, they were in mine. And because they loved you, I felt their love for me. What a precious blessing to get to have friends with whom to experience life. And yes, I was not surprised at all to see that face on Allen Webb! Consistency is comforting!

TY and Jack said...

This is a beautiful post. Wow, you have a lot of great people in your life. It doesn't surprise me, you are a very loyal and giving person...and fun too!

Cali said...

That last comment was by me by the way, although I am sure Tyson would agree with my sentiments!

Sherri Flinders said...

What a nice post! I can see why you've had so many friends in your life since your such a special friend to so many. I think that is great that your keeping in touch with all your friends.